Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hand Made Note Cards


Note cards are the tourist's delight everywhere in the world. If the card is unique and reminiscent of the romance and enchantment of the visitor's journey, the card is sure to be a hit!

I was very pleased to find these rough but charming notecards at the mercado, and snapped them up to send to all my friends. Especially to those friends who had helped me in my previous life as a gallery director! These cards were certainly unique and sure to pique the interest of my friends and colleagues!


All the materials in these cards are naturally occurring in the daily environment of the artist. All the designs are wrought from plant material or stones or sand. I was delighted to examine them. The only drawback was the lack of a signature! Does anyone know the artist who created these cards? I know of one young woman who does this, Maria Isabel Ruiz Talen of San Tomas, but these don't look like her work to me.

If anyone knows the artist, please pass the name on! Thanks.

No comments: