Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Managua's Illuminated Fountain


Managua is a huge city with lots of small neighborhoods, plazas and parks. One of the most conjested areas in town is the Ruben Dario Plaza with its illuminated fountain. Traffic weaves in and out and around a round-about, linking two major arteries, complicated by feeder roads and Metro Centro, one of the large shopping malls, and a major bus depot.

But the Ruben Dario Plaza is not just a crazy traffic experience, it also has a beautiful illuminated fountain to feast your eyes on if you dare to take them from the road and all the taxis that will surely slam into you soon! The lights are turned on only on certain nights of the week, usually Thursday and Friday nights.

I was able to get this picture of the fountains by taking my life in my hands and dashing between cars, carts, people and motorcycles to find the right perspective to fit the whole fountain into my viewfinder! But since I survived and no accidents occurred because of my escapade, it was worth it!

No comments: